Home » ShopTalk » Manufacturer » Toyota » Previa » 1993 - Orange Light Staying On after Oil Change

ShopTalk - Automotive Questions and Answers

1993 Toyota Previa:
Orange Light Staying On after Oil Change

By
Alex Steele
Save or Share Information
Print Page
E-mail Page

seen in Truck Trend

Question:

I have a 1993 Toyota Previa. There is an orange light on the dash stating oil change which I have already done, but the warning light does not go off. What is the problem and what can I do?

Answer:

We're going to assume that your owner's manual is M.I.A. Otherwise we're sure that you would have opened it up and found the simple procedure for resetting the "engine oil change indicator".

OK, located just below the speedometer you'll see a plug filling a hole in the instrument panel faceplate. Remove the plug and insert a punch, a rod, a Q-Tip, or whatever you can find, through the access hole and depress the reset knob. This will put out the "Oil Change" lamp for 12,000 miles.

The purpose behind this indicator is not to tell you when to change the oil, but that you have exceeded any recommended oil change interval. So, from now on depress the reset knob following every oil and filter change. As long as you don't go 12,000 miles between services, you'll never see that annoying oil change indicator lamp again.

www.realworldautomotive.com
or
Browse by:  
E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information

Need Help?

Get FREE Answers from our Technicians at the Toyota Previa Forum.

Comments:

No comments yet

What's your opinion?

*Name:
*Email:
Notify me about new comments on this page
*Comment:

*Type characters in below (click image to refresh)
CODE

Home » ShopTalk » Manufacturer » Toyota » Previa » 1993 - Orange Light Staying On after Oil Change
Save or Share Automotive Information
Custom Search