Nissan / Datsun Pickup:

Four Simple Solutions For My 94 Nissan Pickup

You are not logged in.

#1 3/23/2009 10:01 PM

wootuttut

Four Simple Solutions For My 94 Nissan Pickup

Any suggestion for these four minor problems to my 94 Nissan Pickup?

1. The driver door wouldn't open via either handle and is now stuck closed, but unlocked.  How do I open it with no working handles? Can I pick the lock mechanism?

2. Cruise control light comes on when turned on but will not set to a cruising speed from the steering wheel button.  The fuse is fine.

3. The hood won't pop open when the handle inside is pulled, but if I jam a screwdriver in the side over the tire to put strain on it and then pull the handle, opens fine.  Is it a screw?  The wire from the handle?

4. Front passenger turn signal is out.  Rear works fine but is blinking rapidly. Fuse is fine.

Thank you.

Nissan / Datsun Pickup Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 3/24/2009 7:02 PM

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Four Simple Solutions For My 94 Nissan Pickup

Any suggestion for these four minor problems to my 94 Nissan Pickup?

1. The driver door wouldn't open via either handle and is now stuck closed, but unlocked.  How do I open it with no working handles? Can I pick the lock mechanism?

2. Cruise control light comes on when turned on but will not set to a cruising speed from the steering wheel button.  The fuse is fine.

3. The hood won't pop open when the handle inside is pulled, but if I jam a screwdriver in the side over the tire to put strain on it and then pull the handle, opens fine.  Is it a screw?  The wire from the handle?

4. Front passenger turn signal is out.  Rear works fine but is blinking rapidly. Fuse is fine.

Thank you.

Hi wootuttut:

- When the inside and outside handles don't release the door latch, that usually means the latch is still in the locked position, or the handles' linkage is messed up. With the window down, peer downward inside the door with a narrow flashlight, perhaps gently wedge a piece of wood or rubber to spread the gap between the door and inner door panel for a better view. Then work the lock and the release levers back and forth while observing where they connect to the latch assembly. There may be linkage which has broken or come loose, and you may be able to use a slim-Jim, coat hanger or a long screwdriver to release the latch. If all linkage is attached, and the lock and release levers on the latch are moving correctly, the latch is defective and the job gets much more involved. I've gotten doors open by removing the driver's seat and the door panel from the inside to gain access to the latch assembly. When that's not possible, you may be able to gain access to the door striker bolts from behind, and grind or torch them off to open the door.

- Can be a number of things. The "cruise on" light tells us the system has power. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's working. Most common cause is the brake light (and/or clutch) switch being out of adjustment. Next time you're on the highway, pull up on the brake (and/or clutch) pedal with your foot while engaging the cruise. If it works, it's the switch. If it doesn't, you'll need experience, a wiring schematic and a digital multi-meter to diagnose the problem properly. It could be a module, vehicle speed sensor, bad electrical connection, vacuum pump, actuator, relay and so on.

- You really have to inspect the lever, cable and latch under the hood to make sure nothing is loose, bent or shredded. Also lube the latch real well, be sure the hood is aligned correctly (not to tight) and the spring near the latch isn't missing or misaligned.

- Change the front signal bulb (and inspect socket for corrosion or bad connections). That should fix the problem. The front and rear directional are on the same circuit. When you lose a bulb it changes the total circuit resistance and causes the flasher to blink rapidly.

Hope that helps...

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Nissan / Datsun Pickup Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.