Toyota Non-Specific:

Toyota KZTE 3.0L Diesel 2005 . Have done complete service .

You are not logged in.

# 1  11/8/2020 5:06 PM

Louis Buys

Toyota KZTE 3.0L Diesel 2005 . Have done complete service .

Have done complete major service and repair to cylinder head valves . Problem persists in once setting the diesel pump the motor runs 100  percent,  then goes back to limp mode . Reset the pump again , runs for a while , then back to limp mode . Any suggestions. ??

# 2  11/8/2020 6:25 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Toyota KZTE 3.0L Diesel 2005 . Have done complete service .

You just mentioned you had some head work done. You may have to check your EGT (exhaust gas temp) it may be too high.

Sometimes an injector can drip instead of spray and it can cause the EGT to be above the threshold temp programmed into the computer. You would need to remove the injector from the engine to visually see the spray pattern. Too much fuel will raise the EGT so also check the fuel delivery system for proper operation.

Also check the injector pump timing, if the timing is too advance it can raise the EGT causing the computer to put the engine into limp mode.

There are other things that can cause the limp mode but I would check this out first.

I would need to know if you have chipped the computer?

There is information out there that the power chip can cause this.

Try this suggestion and let me know how you made out.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  11/8/2020 8:59 PM

Louis Buys

Re: Toyota KZTE 3.0L Diesel 2005 . Have done complete service .

Thank You so much . I am sure this should resolve the issue . If not will refer back to you . Much Appreciated  .

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.