Mazda:

Mazda2 DY won't Start

You are not logged in.

#1 5/9/2016 8:37 PM

Morriskla

Mazda2 DY won't Start

I lost both my remote keys to my Mazda Demio 2005 model, 1490cc, gasoline. I was left with the mechanical key which worked well for 6months. Then the car would delay to start now won't start at all 4 months down the road. There is no mazda dealer in Uganda who can help. Immobilizer light blinks rapidly when I try to start. I need help!

Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 5/9/2016 11:39 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Mazda2 DY won't Start

You say your vehicle is a Mazda 2 DY, in the USA that model is an MPV. I will try to help you with the limited information I have.

There is really no good way to explain this to you without some sort of input from a diagnostic scan tool. A trouble code will be beneficial in the diagnostic process. If you can have an auto parts store or if there is an auto repair facility that can put a scanner on the vehicle then it would help. I understand this is hard to do where you live.

Sometimes there may be a battery inside of the key (Transponder). Check your owner's manual for the procedure to change the battery if applicable. If the battery is dead it cannot communicate with the vehicle. This would be a key not the key fob (remote). This is on some models not all. Check the owners manual for more information.

There is a chance the key (s) need to be reprogrammed into the immobilizer unit but the problem is you need one working key and a scan tool to do the procedure. With only one working key you would need a scan tool and also a password. This is why you need a scanner so a password can be identified. The password is eight digits.

Your last resort is to find a locksmith who can reprogram and install new car keys for your vehicle and he may be able to clone your old key to a new working key which may be cheaper.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

#3 5/12/2016 8:48 PM

Morriskla

Thank you
I had two diagnostics done and no error codes were revealed. Just seems like its going to be hard to find a locksmith here.
However is it possible to have the immobilizer permanently disabled?
Or is it possible to install an immobilizer bypass module without having to acquire new remote keys? Or how possible is it to get a blank key and have it programmed? Do blank keys have transponder chips in them?
Thanks for the help

#4 5/13/2016 4:20 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

As far as I know you can not bypass the immobilizer or disable it. There is only one way to get a blank key to work and that is to have your old key cloned and that has to be done by a locksmith. As a new bypass module you need a scan tool and the eight digit code to perform this procedure and that would be done at a dealership.

Sorry I can't be much help. I understand it is hard where you live to get this kind of service but there are no other options that I know of except the ones above, a locksmith or a dealership.

realworldautomotive.com

#5 5/22/2016 7:13 PM

Morriskla

Thank you very much you have been most helpful.
I managed to get someone with the tools and knowledge to program keys.
However the process required a 4 digit code to access its system. Any help on the code?

#6 5/22/2016 10:32 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

The only thing I can tell you is to look into your owner's manual for costumer service of Mazda or if you know the dealer phone number where you bought the van from. They may be able to help you.

Explain your situation and where you live telling them how hard it is to get the proper service they may be able to help you as long as you have the VIN number.

Make the phone call with the person you have to program the keys.

Sorry I can't help you further.

realworldautomotive.com

#7 5/24/2016 4:25 AM

Morriskla

Thank you very much.

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.