Chevrolet Suburban:

2006 Suburban 4wd Z71

You are not logged in.

# 1  11/1/2015 1:27 PM

mike6w

2006 Suburban 4wd Z71

I need help figuring out my brake trouble on my suv. My suv has service stability system displayed. Code i am getting is C0131 no other codes. What the suv is doing is when i monitor with a scanner it starts off when cold 100 Kpa on master cylinder switch. As i drive that pressure keeps building and you will eventually only be able to move in low gear and pressure will be as high as 3000 Kpa. The brakes are fully engaged. I have pulled the fuses from ABS and stability system and it still does the same thing. If you let it sit and cool completely down it will start at 100 Kpa again and within a mile or two it will be back to full brake engagement. I also monitored the wheel speed sensors and all are working and reading the same speeds. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

# 2  11/1/2015 5:57 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: 2006 Suburban 4wd Z71

There is a Service Bulletin No. 05-05-25-003B Date: February 22, 2006 on the YAW rate sensor under the driver seat that may be causing your brake issue.

Service Stability Message On, Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) C0131, C0196, C0290 and/or C0292 Set (Inspect/Replace Yaw Rate Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer and Reprogram Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM))
Follow the procedure below to inspect the part number on the yaw rate sensor/lateral accelerometer.

1. Inspect the part number on the yaw rate sensor/lateral accelerometer.

2. Remove the passenger seat from the vehicle in order to gain access to the sensor. Refer to Seat Replacement - Front Bucket in Seats.

3. Pull the carpet back in order to gain access to the sensor.
Important: OLD yaw rate sensors/lateral accelerometers have a part number on the sensor bracket of P/N 15189628.

IMPROVED yaw rate sensors/lateral accelerometers have a part number on the sensor bracket of P/N 15220053.

The yaw rate reference reset procedure must be performed when replacing the yaw rate sensor/lateral accelerometer.

Important: Failure to reprogram the EBCM may result in a repeat repair.

Reprogram the EBCM with the most current VSES software available through SPS.

Also check with a scan tool the function of the brake switch for the brake system. On a scan tool when you step on the brake it should register on and when off it should reregister off.

Check for corrosion at the at the ECBM connector(s).

According to the reprogramming details you may want to take the truck to the dealer for this repair.

Some information is from the Alldata information website.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.