Oldsmobile Bravada:

Bravada

You are not logged in.

# 1  9/7/2015 9:25 PM

Donald K

Bravada

It is getting hot it is 2000 model. I have put in a new water pump and radiator thermostat, alternator and I have flushed the radiator and it is still running hot. What can I do now? 2000 Bravada Oldsmobile.

# 2  9/8/2015 12:47 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Bravada

It sounds like the cooling system is air bound (air pockets in engine).

Jack up the front of the vehicle or use ramps to get the front of the vehicle higher than the rear. The reason for this is to force the air to the thermostat so it can go into the radiator and be expelled.

With the engine cool remove the radiator cap and start the engine. As the engine warms up you will see the coolant level in the radiator drop, keep adding coolant to keep the radiator full. Keep doing this for about an hour or until you don't have to add coolant anymore.

Make sure the neck of the radiator is clean to make sure the radiator cap can seat properly, replace the cap if necessary. Test drive the vehicle, you may have to repeat the process to make sure all the air in the engine is removed.

Also check the clutch fan for proper operation. Make sure there is no more than 1/4 in lateral movement in the fan assembly. Any more than that replace the fan clutch. Also check for any silicone leakage from the clutch assembly replace if leak is excessive.

Do this test when the engine is completely cold.  If the fan/fan clutch assembly free-wheels with no drag (revolves more than five times when spun by hand), replace the fan clutch.

Try these suggestions and get back to me if you need more help.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.