Chrysler Pacifica:

Connecting an auto-dimming mirror to a 2004-2008 Pacifica

You are not logged in.

# 1  8/7/2015 1:27 AM

sscanlan

Connecting an auto-dimming mirror to a 2004-2008 Pacifica

Hi, guys.
I just bought a basic auto-dimming rear view mirror that fits a 2004-2008 Pacifica to install in my 2002 PT Cruiser Touring model. This mirror is just a basic auto-dimming model, without the compass or temp displays. My cruiser's overhead console already has compass and temp displays, which is why I just bought this basic mirror.

I figured that all I would have to do to get it working was to hook up 12v and ground. Unfortunately, this mirror has a 7 pin male connector on the backside, and didn't come with a connecting harness or any info on how to wire it up. Would someone happen to know what gets connected to each of the 7 pins or possibly have a diagram? If I can't find a donor harness at a junkyard, I can probably cobble together a connector and the wires myself. I just need to know what to hook it up to.

Thanks,
Steve

# 2  8/7/2015 2:55 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Connecting an auto-dimming mirror to a 2004-2008 Pacifica

This is the plug and wire description for the wiring of the mirror. I also gave you a description of the operation of the auto dimming mirror (basic). This will help you decide which wires you will need for basic operation.

Pin  Description  Circuit 
1 FUSED ACCESSORY RELAY OUTPUT F316 20BK/PK
2 GROUND Z113 18BK/DB
3 BACKUP LAMP SIGNAL L11 20BK/WT
4 AUTO DAY/NIGHT MIRROR (+) P112 20BK/OR
5 AUTO DAY/NIGHT MIRROR (-) P114 20BK/LB
6 - -
7 AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP SIGNAL L24 20BK/GY

https://www.realworldautomotive.com/forums/uploads/thumbs/174_135021100.gif

OPERATION

The ambient photocell sensor faces forward, to detect the outside light levels. A second sensor faces rearward to detect the light level received through the vehicles back window. When the difference between the two light levels becomes too great (the light level received at the rear of the mirror is much higher than that at the front of the mirror), the mirror begins to darken.

The mirror switch allows the driver a manual control of whether the automatic dimming feature is operational. When AUTO is selected a small Light-Emitting Diode (LED), to the right of the mirror switch, is illuminated. The automatic dimming feature will only operate when the ignition switch is in the On position. The mirror also senses the backup lamp circuit, and will automatically disable its self-dimming feature whenever the transmission gear selector is in the Reverse position.

NOTE: The mirror always defaults to an ON state upon ignition.

The driver side automatic dimming mirror is standard with the automatic dimming inside mirror. The signal to control the dimming of that mirror is generated by the automatic day/night inside rear view mirror circuitry. That signal is then delivered to the driver side outside rear view mirror on a hard wired circuit.

The automatic day/night mirror cannot be repaired. If faulty or damaged, the entire inside rear view mirror assembly must be replaced.

Alldata automotive information website.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.