I need to replace a busted hose from the heater core inside the engine compartment, but I don't know how to disconnect it.
It is a 2002 Bravada, 4200 engine, SmartTrak edition.
Any information would be appreciated.
This is the procedure taken from the Alldata information website. I listed what the tools look like and the one of the quick release tool being used. The quick release tool you need to remove the hoses from the heater core. the pliers are used on other clamps in the cooling system. You can buy these tools at your local auto parts store like Autozone and NAPA.
1. Drain the engine coolant. Refer to Draining and Filling Cooling System in Cooling System.
2. Remove the coolant recovery reservoir.
3. Using the J 43181 disconnect the inlet heater hose from the heater core inlet tube.
3.1. Install the J 43181 to the quick connect on the outlet heater core hose.
3.2. Close the tool around the inlet heater core hose.
3.3. Firmly pull the tool into the quick connect end of the heater hose.
3.4. Firmly grasp the heater hose. Pull the heater hose forward in order to disengage the hose from the heater core.
4. Reposition the hose clamp at the engine outlet using J 38185.
5. Remove the heater inlet hose (4) from the engine block.
6. Remove the nut retaining the coolant bypass valve to the cowl.
7. Remove the heater inlet hose.
J 38185 Hose clamp pliers.
J 43181 Quick release heater hose tool.
Picture of the J 43181 Quick release tool being used.
If you need anything else get back to me with what information you may need.
Thanks a lot TH2