Chevrolet Silverado 1500 / 2500 / 3500:

Reman Transfer Case

You are not logged in.

# 1  7/27/2014 12:33 AM

Dion

Reman Transfer Case

Hello I just installed a re manufactured transfer case in my 2006 Chevy Silverado today do to the old one splitting in half. old one came out fine new one went in fine, but when I went to drive the truck it was like it was stuck in neutral. Weather you have it in 2 high 4 high or 4 low, when you put it in forward and reverse it will not move, then with the engine running when you put it park it starts to grind. Any ideas of what went wrong?

Dion

# 2  7/28/2014 2:34 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Reman Transfer Case

Is there any indicator light turned on that usually is not lit when driving?

You may have a problem with the encoder motor, connection at the encoder motor or control module.

You would need to scan the computer for any codes that may have been stored when the old transfer case blew.

Clear any codes and check all connections at the transfer case. Recheck the encoder motor for proper installation.

I hope there are not any hidden problems from when the transfer case cracked in half. 

Get back to me when you can with your results. We can diagnosis the problem further if needed.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.