Pontiac Grand Prix:

A/C / ABS fuse blown | Page 2

You are not logged in.

# 11  8/1/2014 2:14 AM

dwbdwb1

Re: A/C / ABS fuse blown

It's been a week now and have had intermittent ABS light issues. I would like to replace the sensor/hub/bearing. The connector to the sensor was broken off from driving so will need to replace the wire and this is for the driver side sensor. I looked at the passenger side sensor/connector setup and found a long connector from the sensor attached to a mounted clip and an elaborate fastener and connector arrangement. It is a wire about a foot and a half long with a connector at the other end. I went back to the driver side sensor and did not find a mounting clip nor any place to attach a clip to Mount the connector for the foot and a half wire. Can you tell me if there is suppose to be a mounting clip as the passenger side before I shop for the part? Thank you.

# 12  8/1/2014 4:44 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

This is the picture for the 18 in long wire for the wheel sensor and its mounting points. You probably don't see the mounting points they may of broken off.

https://www.realworldautomotive.com/forums/uploads/thumbs/174_78877522.gif

You will probably need to replace the 18 inch wire with the wheel sensor.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 13  8/10/2014 3:09 AM

dwbdwb1

I attempted to replace the hub/bearing/sensor. There are three bolts that attach the hub... They are positioned so that a one (top one) bolt is obscured by the CV joint. Can you tell me about the disassembly/assembly process because of that bolt? Thanks

# 14  8/10/2014 2:07 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Remove the wheel speed sensor electrical connector from the bracket.
Remove the brake caliper bracket with the brake caliper.
Remove the brake rotor.
Remove the wheel drive shaft nut.
Use three wheel nuts in order to attach the J 28733-B Front Hub Spindle Remover to the wheel bearing/hub.
Use the J 28733-B Front Hub Spindle Remover in order to push the wheel drive shaft out of the wheel bearing/hub.

Pushing the shaft out of the hub will give you the clearance to get the top bolt.

https://www.realworldautomotive.com/forums/uploads/thumbs/174_80982723.gif

Remove and DISCARD the wheel bearing/hub bolts.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that the wheel drive shaft outer seal (boot) is not damaged.
Remove the wheel bearing/hub.

Picture is supplied by the Alldata automotive information website.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 15  8/22/2014 7:02 AM

dwbdwb1

She is done! The light is off and the A/C is working. Mission accomplished... Thank you for the help.

Don

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.