Dodge Durango:

2005 dodge durango limited

You are not logged in.

#1 7/1/2014 11:39 PM

Stephludizaca

2005 dodge durango limited

I hear and feel a clicking noise like something's touching somewheres. I feel it in the gas petal and the steering wheel. What can this be?

Dodge Durango Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 7/2/2014 2:44 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: 2005 dodge durango limited

There is a service bulletin on a condition that involves the steering column which could feel like a clicking from the steering wheel.

While sitting in the driver's seat see if you can pull the steering wheel in and out (pull to you and push away from you).

If you can then there is a repair procedure that involves replacing the steering bearing retainer in the steering column.

The retainer kit part number is 05166528AA and takes a professional mechanic about an hour to install.

If this is not your problem then please give me a more detailed description of your problem so I can help you diagnosis the problem better.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

#3 7/2/2014 11:35 PM

Stephludizaca

TechHelp2 wrote:

There is a service bulletin on a condition that involves the steering column which could feel like a clicking from the steering wheel.

While sitting in the driver's seat see if you can pull the steering wheel in and out (pull to you and push away from you).

If you can then there is a repair procedure that involves replacing the steering bearing retainer in the steering column.

The retainer kit part number is 05166528AA and takes a professional mechanic about an hour to install.

If this is not your problem then please give me a more detailed description of your problem so I can help you diagnosis the problem better.

The steering wheel doesn't move back and forth.

It seems to be coming from something down in where my drivers side front tire is. The tires were balanced and the clicking was better for like a day then back. I hear it more when I turn and hit bumps because on the freeway I can barely feel or hear it.

#4 7/3/2014 2:11 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

It sounds like the left front wheel needs to be removed and the left front suspension needs to be inspected.

Some of the most likely problems will be the drive axel constant velocity joint (if it is four wheel drive), wheel bearing and or wheel hub, ball joint, broken shock absorber, stabilizer bushing or link and maybe a brake issue.

Once the left front wheel is off; the mechanic can inspect the front end at the location of the noise to confirm any malfunction of parts in the front end.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.