Saturn S-Series:

Saturn S, 1.9-L 16 valve DOHC, trans shifting too soon and then late.

You are not logged in.

# 1  3/17/2014 11:15 PM

STACE. TX.

Saturn S, 1.9-L 16 valve DOHC, trans shifting too soon and then late.

Has new computer installed at dealer it was great then I let it sit, drove it off an on it shifted fine the one day, Drove it trans shifted late the kicked up then shifted good then kicked back up in 2nd and 1st now when I put it in rev it hits hard.

# 2  3/18/2014 3:40 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Saturn S, 1.9-L 16 valve DOHC, trans shifting too soon and then late.

I need to know a few questions. What is the year? What is the exact S series like SC1, SC2,SL1, and so on? What was the reason the computer was changed in the first place? How many miles are on the vehicle?

I need to know as much information about the car so I can help you better.

If the transmission problem happened just after the computer was installed; bring it back to the repair shop or dealer you bought it to and have them scan the computer system for any codes related to the transmission or is it a bad computer. Or is it a transmission problem.

Get back to me when you can so I can see if there are any service bulletins related to this car and the transmission problem.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  3/20/2014 8:14 AM

STACE. TX.

It's an 2001 Saturn SL1. Computer was changed, I guess cause, rebuilt motor was installed the transmission is the same. In the car for little over 100,000 on it. Thanks

# 4  3/20/2014 10:47 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Some customers may comment about harsh transaxle shifting and/or erratic transaxle shifting. One or more transaxle-related diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) may have set. The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) may or may not be illuminated depending on what DTC is set.

Due to normal powertrain vibration, the transaxle wiring may flex and cause a circuit to open inside wire insulation near transaxle connector. In some cases, insulation will look distorted at point of open circuit.

Your mechanic will need to inspect and repair or replace transaxle connector (P/N 21024415).

This information about this service bulletin  NO: 01-T-09 is supplied by Alldata information website.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.