Open Chat:

what is best pickup for me?

You are not logged in.

# 1  11/3/2013 7:16 AM

lleiderm

what is best pickup for me?

I have never owned a pickup. I intend to move to Wyoming and live away from cities in the hills or mountains.
I've decided I want to get a powerful very long bed pickup that I can use to haul firewood and whatever else is needed. a general all-around working truck. I also want to put a camper top on the back so I can travel in it, and just pull off the road wherever I want to, and sleep in it overnight.

My research so far tells me I want a diesel 4x4 crew cab.

I figure there are between one and three million people on this site that can tell me the best one to get. I'm no spendthrift, but at this point, don't consider money an object. I really want to know the best truck, even if I have to pay a pretty penny for it.

Also, if you know of any dogs I really should avoid because they have a rep for breaking down a lot or for any other reason, please tell me about that also. I don't want to just walk onto a dealer lot as a complete Rube.

Thanks in advance for pointers!

Lloyd

Last edited by lleiderm (11/3/2013 7:18 AM)

# 2  11/3/2013 1:13 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: what is best pickup for me?

So far what I read from your post is you are half way there to getting your truck you already know what you want. The question you need to answer for your self is to what brand and model you really like then see which model you want.

Ford, GM, Chevy truck, Dodge all make a good solid engine but as of the best one for you to by is a tough call. I found a website that may help you along with your right choice. It all depends on the year and model you want and this website can help guide you to that perfect truck for you. Good luck.

http://www.trucktrend.com/

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  11/4/2013 7:49 AM

lleiderm

Re: what is best pickup for me?

Thanks for the links.

The main reason I posted this here is that I hope to get real world feedback about how different trucks actually have performed for people as opposed to all the hype I will be hearing from dealers. I'm sure they will sing the praises of whatever they are selling, but my lack of experience offers me little to discern how much of what they say is true. I trust shared real world experience much more than any dealer spiel.

Lloyd

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.