Jeep Wrangler:

Remove the valve cover

You are not logged in.

# 1  11/3/2013 1:03 AM

KJ

Remove the valve cover

Help .. I'm trying to remove the valve cover to replace the gasket on a 2004 jeep wrangler 4.0 & I've removed all the bolts but there's a stud or something holding on at this kind of wire loom on the driver's rear side.  Any advice to removing it?

# 2  11/3/2013 12:54 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Remove the valve cover

If all of the bolts are removed and there are no cables attached to the valve cover then you may need to use some persuasion like a rubber mallet or pry bar.

You would have to hit the sides of the valve cover not hard but to shock the cover to loosen it up. Try rocking it back and forth with each shot of the rubber mallet and even try to pry the cover up using a pry bar gently forcing the cover upwards trying not to bend or crack the cover.

The wire loom you are talking about is probably attached to a bracket that is bolted to the back of the head. If it is stopping you from removing the valve cover then the bracket will have to be removed.

I sent you some pictures, I hope they help you.

https://www.realworldautomotive.com/forums/uploads/thumbs/174_985603861.gif

https://www.realworldautomotive.com/forums/uploads/thumbs/174_985603871.gif

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  11/3/2013 11:00 PM

KJ

Re: Remove the valve cover

Thx for your help.  I removed the fuel bar, & found that the loom was on another stud needing to be removed.  I had to work the loom back & forth (the persuasion you advised) until it finally came off then removed the stud/bolt.  The rest was elementary.  Thx again.

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.