Ford Expedition:

Air Conditioner

You are not logged in.

# 1  6/29/2013 11:35 PM

Kendegreat

Air Conditioner

Last month you helped me when I couldn't get the truck started. When I replaced the Air Conditioner Compressor the truck would not start. I bent the Crankshaft sensor pin. Now a little over a month since I replaced the Air conditioner compressor it stopped blowing cold. I had a reading on the Low side says retard and the High side is at 135.
I replaced the Air Compressor, Orifice, Dryer, blew out the system. I evacuated it and put 37 ounce of Freon in. Not sure what to do. The compressor clutch won't come on.

The compressor is under warranty if that is it. It was suggested that the orifice could be clogged and the Evaporator/expansion valve is clogged.

# 2  6/30/2013 1:28 PM

Kendegreat

Re: Air Conditioner

Update, not sure what I did differently except I drove the expedition prior to testing yesterday and it was 101 degrees

This morning it is about 80 Degrees. Hooked up the gauges and this is what occurred.
Engine off                                     Low   74    High 74
Engine on 1500 RPM                   Low 80     High 85     AC Max (two windows Open)
Engine on 1500 RPM                   Low   80   High 80     "   "
Engine on 1500 RPM                   Low   85   High 81    Turn on Rear AC to Max

Watched the gauge for 10 minutes and the pressure raised to Low 95   High 90   

The Expedition has 4.6 L Triton 2 Wheel Drive. Has dual Air...

Compressor clutch is still not coming on. Checked the connection to compressor.

Looking for electric meter to check the fuses.

In the earlier post, I flushed the lines, replaced the compressor, orifice tube, dryer, o rings, put oil in the compressor.

One time there was a weird noise coming from the compressor. Also inside the Expedition when the AC was working there was noise like a gurgling coming from the vents at one time my wife said cold water dripped on her foot.

Can't wait to hear from you.....

# 3  6/30/2013 5:28 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Check all of your pressure switches and also the A/C compressor clutch relay for proper operation.

Let me know your results.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 4  6/30/2013 9:23 PM

Kendegreat

Auto part store didn't tell me the correct amount of Freon to put in, I put in about 37 ounce.

Found out today that it requires 62 with rear air. Made the auto parts store replace the compressor, accumulator and orifice.  Orifice was full of sludge, and tiny metal pieces.

So I replaced the Compressor and the accumulator and the orifice. Blew out the lines with a cleaner again and decided to replace the coil (Thing that looks like a radiator.)  After putting in three 12 ounces cans the clutch never started.

How do I test AC Compressor clutch relay and the pressure switch

# 5  6/30/2013 10:19 PM

Kendegreat

Oh My Gosh. I feel STUPID.
While typing the last post a thought came across my mind. When I pulled the new coil (part that looks like a radiator) out of the box, I just put it in the truck and connected the lines.

I bet you can guess what I forgot to do. Pull the caps out. Oh My Gosh. Do I feel dumb. I posted this in case someone else reads it and does do the same mistake. Wasted three cans of Freon.Ugh!

Will post and let you know if that corrected it.

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.