Pontiac Grand Am:

Shuts off when coming to a stop

You are not logged in.

# 1  4/27/2013 5:19 AM

Fred Trujillo

Shuts off when coming to a stop

I've replaced the TPS and the air intake sensor ( I think that's what its called) after driving a while the car will sputter when the gas pedal is pushed and will shut off when coming to a stop or making a turn. I dont know much about these cars and need help please.

# 2  4/28/2013 1:16 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Shuts off when coming to a stop

I need to know the year and engine size or the Grand Am.

How many miles on the vehicle and the last time it was tuned up or was serviced?

Is the check engine light on?

These questions need to be answered to continue but I can give you some ideas on what could cause this problem.

First you would need a scanner to see if there are any codes stored in the computers memory. If there are any codes then they need to be repaired first.

If the car has high miles on it then it could be an ignition related problem caused by a faulty crank sensor.

The fuel pressure should be checked to see if there is a fuel related problem. The fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and the fuel filter can all cause a stalling problem.

Try these few suggestions and when you can get back to me with the information I requested. The more information you can provide the better I can help you.

We can diagnosis the problem further with this information.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.