Chrysler Cirrus:

Transmission acting up -- CPU?

You are not logged in.

#1 1/7/2013 3:06 AM

Xman

Transmission acting up -- CPU?

I have a 1995 Chrysler Cirrus LXi. Currently the Check Engine light is on. Before the light turned on the trans was fine. Now the light is on and approximately every 50 miles the transmission acts up. What it does is the engine light will turn off, then the car will jerk while the RPM spikes up to 3.5k. Then everything goes back to normal and the light turns back on. Lasts about 2 seconds. I previously had the light addressed and they said that my CPU is bad, which makes sense because sometimes the digital odometer flickers, the airbag light comes on and both the A/C and Heater are temperamental. Could the transmission have to do with the processor on the car?

Chrysler Cirrus Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 1/7/2013 3:56 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Transmission acting up -- CPU?

I really would like to know what the trouble codes were when you had the car checked last and who checked it out. Was it a Chrysler dealer or an independent mechanic?

It all depends on the mechanic and his ability and expertise to diagnosis today's computer problems. If you can get me the codes when the light comes on it would help a lot.

I do have a service bulletin that may be of assistance to you. It mentions the transaxle input speed sensor. I don't know if this will help you because I don't have the trouble codes.

If you can get back to me with the trouble code information we can continue to diagnosis the problem further.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Chrysler Cirrus Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.