Volkswagen Jetta:

Traction Control System

You are not logged in.

# 1  12/21/2012 6:48 PM

bjd232

Traction Control System

2012 VW Jetta TDI. When the traction control light comes on after the tires spin ,the computer reduces the rpm's so you are no longer spinning. This is absolutely worthless in snow conditions. Is there a way to shut off the traction control or program the computer so it does not come on.

# 2  12/23/2012 12:37 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Traction Control System

As far as I know there is no way to reprogram the traction control module to not do what it is doing.

Read the owners manual to see if there is a switch to turn the system off. If there is a switch that turns the system you usually have the traction control light on all of the time.

The system is designed to give you the best safety while driving in snow and icy conditions. This will help you avoid skids and stop the wheels from locking up while braking.

I am almost certain you have a switch to turn the system off if you are stuck in the snow. I don't have any updated information on your car so I don't know where the switch is. The owners manual should supply you with this information.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.