Service Information:

First oil change on new car engine

You are not logged in.

# 1  12/1/2012 4:05 PM

millerer

First oil change on new car engine

My 2012 Dodge Charger owners manual states to change oil when the monitoring system tells me to but not to go over 8000 miles or six months. The car has 3500 miles on it and is three month old. I received notification from my dealer that the car is due for it's first service.Should I play is safe and change oil and filter?

# 2  12/2/2012 3:31 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: First oil change on new car engine

Yes, the oil that the Manufacturer puts in the engine has special lubricants in it to help break in the engine. Change the oil and filter and start the maintenance schedule after this oil change.

You can follow the dealer recommendations or you can be more conscience of the maintenance and do the oil change every 3,000 to 5,000 miles but do not exceed 5,000 miles on every oil change from now on.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  10/2/2015 8:10 AM

roadico.com

Re: First oil change on new car engine

Yes, it is ok if it doesn't exceed the maximum miles. However, if it exceeds the maximum miles, you need to reset the oil on your car by an obd tool or take it to a repair shop. With an obd oil service reset tool will be very convenient to help you out. smilesmilesmile

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.