Chevrolet Cavalier:

Heat sink

You are not logged in.

# 1  11/3/2012 4:08 PM

scotttt1970

Heat sink

I hate to bother you guys with such a stupid minor question but I bought a IGN module for my 2000 Chevy Cavalier 2.2 liter 4 cyl, and noticed it did not come with any heat sink protection paste. I started calling around, and looking online and it just made me more confused. One person said the reason the heat sink didn't come with the module is because of the way it was mounted on the engine, He said being that the module is mounted on a heat shield that keeps it off the engine about 1/2 inch, and that the module itself has some built in heat protection that the heat sink was not required. He said the only ones that absolutely required the heat sink is the modules that mount on the distributor. Is this true or should I take it off and put it on anyways? Thanks in advance for your time.

# 2  11/5/2012 4:35 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Heat sink

There is not any heat sink paste needed that I know of. The information you have is correct, just install the module and you should be good to go.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.