Chevrolet Cavalier:

CAR WONT START

You are not logged in.

#1 10/4/2012 10:51 AM

MSSEXXCES

CAR WONT START

I HAVE REPLACED STARTER 2 TIMES NEW BATTERY CAVALIER WONT START JUST CLICKS WAS RUNNING FINE A FEW DAYS AGO NOW  JUST CLICK

Chevrolet Cavalier Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 10/5/2012 10:03 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: CAR WONT START

See if you can turn the engine by hand. If you can't then you will need to diagnosis the engine as to why it won't turn by hand.

One reason could be a cylinder is filled with coolant (hydro-locked). This could be cause by a bad head gasket, cracked head or block or broken head bolt.

Remove the spark plugs to see if you can crank the engine, if you can then you might see coolant spray out of one of the cylinders. If you do then you would need to tear down the engine to locate the coolant leak. It is usually a head gasket.

If you can turn the engine by hand then check the battery cables for corrosion and high resistance. The modern way is to check for a voltage drop on the cables.

Check the connections at each end of the positive cables and all of the body grounds going to the engine.

When you write back I need more information like the year of the car, engine size and any other important information you can give me to help you diagnosis the problem.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Chevrolet Cavalier Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.