GMC Sierra 1500 / 2500 / 3500:

Finding Specific Brake System type for ordering parts

You are not logged in.

# 1  8/29/2012 2:03 PM

dtlkshoe

Finding Specific Brake System type for ordering parts

Greetings, I've been out of the automotive service industry for a number of years, but I have now started working on my own vehicles again to teach my son and daughter about basic vehicle care.
I am finding that the automotive parts stores, online and in person, are asking for information I am not easily finding on my vehicle. I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 4X4 V8 - 5.3L vin 3 325ci  Flex Fuel with a factory electric tow module (tow package I think). Just purchased truck used.

The part stores are needing to know if I have a: Vacuum Boost System or a 7700 Lb. Vacuum Power Brake with JD9 Brake System with JL4 Suspension.

Looking at the brake and master cylinder it is a very simple looking set up, metal vacuum boost (not really large) and a small master cylinder with bigger plastic bowl. Nothing to indicate 7700, JD9, or JL4.

Maybe terms just indicate a "better quality" part and not a totally different, will not fit part.

Or do we just hold up parts and compare shapes?

# 2  9/2/2012 4:48 PM

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Finding Specific Brake System type for ordering parts

Call a GMC parts department and ask them where the option code tag is located on your truck. There you'll see if you have JD9, or JL4.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.