Ford Tempo:

1994 Ford Tempo GL Headlights not working?

You are not logged in.

# 1  8/24/2012 7:57 PM

bmolina

1994 Ford Tempo GL Headlights not working?

1994 Ford Tempo GL 4 Cylinder:

Headlights do not turn on when I pull the switch, all other lights continue to work. Replaced the headlight switch and the headlights still did not work. All of the fuses are good and are not blown. Also the lever to turn on and off the brights does not work unless you hold the lever in the on position. Before you would just pull the lever to you and it would click and the brights would stay on, now when you pull the lever you hear the click and the brights turn on but for them to stay on you have to hold the lever in the on position.

# 2  8/25/2012 4:44 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: 1994 Ford Tempo GL Headlights not working?

There is a fusible link wire that goes into the head light switch; the wire is black with an orange tracer.

Check the power on that wire it should be power all the time. I'm sending a picture of the wire schematic that is shown in the Alldata information website. I hope it helps.

If you need more assistance then get back to me and we can diagnosis the problem further.

https://www.realworldautomotive.com/forums/uploads/thumbs/174_41872599.gif

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  8/25/2012 9:49 PM

bmolina

Where is this wire exactly? Is it under the dash by the switch or in the engine compartment the picture is really small.

# 4  8/26/2012 1:00 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

If you double click on the picture you will enlarge it.

The fusible link (A) you are looking for is on or at the left strut tower. Check the black and orange wire to see if there is voltage at that wire at both sides of the link. It looks like a small box on the wire.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 5  8/26/2012 1:07 AM

bmolina

Thank you I will try to find it  I will call you later. TKS

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.