Ford Mustang:

4 dead cylinders

You are not logged in.

# 1  8/18/2012 6:38 AM

jamiem71

4 dead cylinders

I have a 1994 Mustang GT convertible V8 5.0 HO motor A\T. I purchased the car engine blown up so I the rebuilt engine was installed and fired right up. Car sat 1-4 years prior to my purchase anyway car fires up runs but the issue is I've got 4 dead cylinders 2 on right bank 6 and 8  and on the left bank 1 and 2. Checked fuel rail spray pattern looked fine, changed the 4 fuel injectors for the cylinders still the same no change. Changed distributor assembly, new plugs, wires, cap rotor, ignition module and coil assembly. Checked for a vacuum leak with carburetor cleaner around the intake still no change. Still missing. Blue spark at cap to wires and wire to plug).  I removed the after market Ford alarm thinking alarm disabled vehicle, still no change. Took compression on all four cylinders they are running 125 to 130 psi compression. Found scanner port under dash, no power at connector checked all fusses that I could find and tested good. So I replaced PCM. Well no change. Does anybody have this problem on how to fix this. Any ideas anything at all, I don't have a repair manual or owner's manual or wiring diagrams. Maybe some one could share with me. Thanks for the help

# 2  8/18/2012 5:34 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: 4 dead cylinders

The firing order is 1 3 7 2 6 5 4 8 on the 5.0 HO engine.

The right bank of the engine (passenger side of car) cylinder numbers are

1,2,3,4 and the left bank (driver's side) is 5,6,7,8.

The distributor spins counter clockwise. I have a picture of the engine firing order below.

Try changing the firing order first and see what happens if you need more assistance then get back to me and we can go on from there.

As of the scanner port try to put a scanner or code reader into the port to see if you have power. Let me know it that works. If it doesn't work that too we can diagnosis further.

Let me know when you can.

https://www.realworldautomotive.com/forums/uploads/thumbs/174_92714681.gif

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.