GMC Yukon:

power window problem

You are not logged in.

# 1  8/14/2012 4:16 PM

Dieselfixer

power window problem

Hi, I have a 95 Yukon that is having a problem with the power window. The window on the right front door will only work with the switch on the drivers door. It goes up & down fine with the drivers switch but won't do anything with the switch on the right front door. I put a new switch in the right front door but it made no difference. Any suggestions as to what I should do next will be appreciated.

Thank You

# 2  8/15/2012 3:49 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: power window problem

Make sure there is not a fuse for each window this is true for newer models, yours may just have a circuit breaker. If fuses and breaker are good then proceed to the next step.

Check for voltage at the drivers window switch on the light blue and tan wires. These wires come out of the drivers switch and go into the passenger window switch.

Also check for voltage on the yellow and dark blue wires, the power comes from the yellow wire going into the lockout switch and comes out of the lock out switch on the dark blue wire. 

Back probe the dark blue wire and yellow wires for voltage at the passenger switch and work your way back.

The problem may possibly be the driver's window switch. Check the voltages on those wires I mentioned to confirm.

Let us know how you make out with your diagnosis.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  8/17/2012 2:22 AM

Dieselfixer

Re: power window problem

Thank You for the help. I changed the switch on the driver side and all windows are working fine now.

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.