Chevrolet TrailBlazer:

Car won't start.

You are not logged in.

# 1  6/1/2012 2:53 PM

prefabc

Car won't start.

1998 Chevy Trailblazer 4 wheel drive. Won't start. New battery new alternator. Sounds like it should when you turn the key and try to start it. It started to overheat and it wouldn't start again after I shut it off. The temp gauge showed it was getting hot but it was only showing a little higher than normal. Checked all fluids and added water. Any ideas where I should begin to identify the problem and buy the correct replacement part?

# 2  6/2/2012 12:47 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Car won't start.

A car won't start for a number of reasons. You would need to go back to basics.

Check for a spark at the spark plugs, if you have spark at the plugs then go to the next step. Check to see if you have fuel pressure, if you don't have fuel pressure the check fuses for the fuel pump, fuel pump relay, fuel pressure regulator and don't forget the fuel filter.

If you have spark, fuel pressure and a injector pulse then have someone scan the computer for any trouble codes that may be in the computer memory. Repair any codes that may have been set.

Try these few suggestions and get back to me with the results.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  6/3/2012 5:27 PM

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Car won't start.

Not quite sure by the question whether we're talking about a crank no-start, or no-crank condition?

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.