Isuzu Rodeo:

Sloshing water sound inside of vehicle

You are not logged in.

#1 4/7/2012 12:45 PM

Douglas

Sloshing water sound inside of vehicle

I have a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo, 3.2 V6 with about 80,000 miles on it.   Over the last few days we have noticed what sounds like gallons of water sloshing around inside of the vehicle.  It sounds as if it is coming from the right side dash area of the vehicle.  We have had this vehicle for 6 months and this is the first time we have noticed this noise.  Any ideas as to what the cause is?  There are no apparent leaks or dampness inside the vehicle.  I have researched this topic on line and found that other Rodeo owners have had a similar problem, but no one seems to know that the source of the problem.  Thanks for your help/advice.

Isuzu Rodeo Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 4/7/2012 1:56 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Sloshing water sound inside of vehicle

An extensive test drive with another person will help you determine the location of the noise.

You would have to determine if the noise is coming from the right side dash board or under the car.

Does it happen with the A/C on or off or with the heater on or off?

Determine when the noise happens, is it all the time, on acceleration, when stopping the truck or on turns.

For under the truck determine if the noise is louder when the fuel tank is full, half full or near empty. The reason I'm asking this is if the fuel tank is near the front or under the front seats it could be a broken fuel baffle inside the tank. If this is broken you will hear loud sloshing noises from the tank area almost like rushing water.

The other possibility is air in the cooling system. I know you ran the truck with the radiator cap off but air can still be trapped in the engine cylinder head area where if you look where the heater hoses for the heater core are it comes form the back of the engine area.

Try to jack up the front of the truck and put it on jack stands for safety or if you have ramps you can use them. With the truck jacked up remove the radiator cap and then run the engine, keep an eye on the coolant level while the engine is running and refill as needed.

The reason I'm asking you to do this is when you raise the front of the truck it will force any air in the system to move to the front of the engine so it can escape to the radiator. The noise you may be hearing is the air going through the heater core.

You may not have a leak but air can get into the cooling system if you have a head gasket going bad. Compression from the cylinder is forced passed the faulty part of the gasket and into the cooling system making air pockets.

Let me know if this helps you.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

#3 7/12/2012 10:37 AM

agnethaS

Re: Sloshing water sound inside of vehicle

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Isuzu is recalling some SUVs. The announcement, posted July 9, cites some rear suspension parts that could rust too early and break away from the vehicle. The recall only impacts automobiles in certain areas of the U.S. If you are experiencing troubles with your Isuzu SUVs, better contact the manufacturer.

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.