Lincoln Mark VIII:

Coolant leak...part that's needed they don't make anymore.

You are not logged in.

# 1  2/21/2012 7:08 AM

ricbacjr

Coolant leak...part that's needed they don't make anymore.

Hi, So it's a 1993 Lincoln Mark 8 the mechanic I took it to said it is leaking from a "connector hub" near the bottom of the engine its a metal piece he didn't have an official name for the part and also said they don't make this part anymore. He checked a couple of salvage yards with no luck, and I've looked around online a little but found nothing.

So I'm thinking I'm probably not going to find this part so first did I describe it well enough? Do you know what I'm talking about? If I can't find this part is there a way to get around it? Does it really need a connector hub or can it be replaced with a hose or something.

# 2  2/22/2012 5:03 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Coolant leak...part that's needed they don't make anymore.

I'm going to need more information if you can supply it.

I don't see anything like you are describing.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  2/28/2012 7:58 AM

ricbacjr

ok , yeah just follow the radiator hose on the right side of the radiator as it goes down and connects to this metal piece or as they called it a "connector hub" and then there is another piece of hose that goes from that piece to the engine.
and from what the mechanic said , and what I see ...that seems to be where its leaking from , that metal connector.

So I didnt ask but this metal thing must be used for something other wise i dont know why they didn't just use one solid piece of hose to connect to the radiator.

# 4  2/28/2012 1:38 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

I'm sorry I have looked all over the internet and could not find any information on this part. I can't even find a picture or exploded parts view of the cooling system that may include this part.

All I can suggest is that you go to your local Lincoln dealer and ask if there is a part that replaces or by passes this part. Good luck.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.