Chevrolet Lumina APV / Minivan:

Engine turns and turns but Lumina van ( 94) wont start.

You are not logged in.

#1 2/12/2012 11:59 PM

cfnena

Engine turns and turns but Lumina van ( 94) wont start.

I swear this van has it out for me. Jumped in it today and it started fine. Drove 4 blocks and turned it off so not to waste gas and came back out after getting something to drink ( no I didn't get the van anything to drink it was already 1/2 full ). Engine turned and turned and wouldn't start. Let it sit for 30 minutes and tried again still nothing. Had it towed home and it had been sitting for 2 hours and tried to start again. Nothing. I'm hoping it won't be something big as it was running fine before today. Should I start with plugs. Had new wires last year and a fuel filter about 10 months ago. Any help or suggestions  would be appreciated. Thanks

Chevrolet Lumina APV / Minivan Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 2/13/2012 2:19 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Engine turns and turns but Lumina van ( 94) wont start.

Check to see if you have spark at the spark plugs.

If you have spark at the spark plugs then check fuel pressure. If you don't have spark at the spark plugs then check the crank shaft sensor.

If the crank shaft sensor is bad it will not give a signal for the spark and the fuel injector pulse.

Check these suggestions out and get back to me with the results. We can go no from there.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Chevrolet Lumina APV / Minivan Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.