Volkswagen Non-Specific:

Opinion

You are not logged in.

#1 1/23/2012 1:15 AM

cosmo

Opinion

I need to buy my wife a new car for commuting to work. She travels about seventy miles a day.  I am looking into 2012 VW Golf diesels, but I am somewhat concern about reliably and cost to repair VW.  Plus never owning a diesel, I don’t know much about them. I don’t feel like a hybrid will work because of the battery replacement and living were we can receive several inches of snow in the winter, hybrid just don’t have the power to get through the snow.   What do think?

Volkswagen Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 1/23/2012 4:27 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Opinion

Choosing a car and engine is just the preference of the individual. Since all motor vehicles have gotten very complicated common sense would be stick to what you are used to.

Diesel engines can be economical but it costs more for a gallon of diesel fuel that a gallon of gas. Now gas engines get better fuel mileage even without the hybrid addition to the car.

All repairs are expensive because of new technology and electronics. 

Looking up the automotive write ups and costumer satisfaction reports can help guide you in making the right choice for your new car.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

#3 1/25/2012 3:14 AM

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Opinion

If reliability is a concern, a VW diesel would no be my first choice. Looking for a compact crossover? You might want to check out the Toyota Matrix.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.