Subaru Loyale:

Wont Start

You are not logged in.

# 1  1/1/2012 7:44 PM

MarneLand

Wont Start

What would cause the motor to get no spark? Motor turns over but wont catch. Replaced the ignition coil, and checked the fuse under the dash marked ignition. It is getting fuel, just wont catch. Is there another fuse or module that could cause this to happen? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

# 2  1/2/2012 1:24 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Wont Start

I need more information on your car like the year, model, engine size and any detailed information you can give.

Are you describing a bad starter drive (starter turns motor then spins out before it can start)?

The information I'm looking for would be did you check to see if you have spark at the spark plugs?

Did you check the fuel pressure?

Can or did you check the computer for any trouble codes?

The more information you can give me the better diagnostic results I can give you.

Get back to when you can.

Try these suggestions.

Check for spark at the coil wire then check to see if you have spark at the plugs. If the rotor is burned through; the spark could jump to ground through the distributor shaft and not get to the plugs.

Check to see if you have an RPM signal when you crank the engine, you should have about 200 to 400 RPM while cranking. If you don't have an RPM signal then the crank sensor may be at fault.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.