Ford Mustang:

Having Tranny Problems GT Mustang

You are not logged in.

#1 12/24/2011 5:08 PM

coalregionkline

Having Tranny Problems GT Mustang

Hello
I have a 2000 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 L automatic 47,000 miles.
1. Normally when I stop on a hill it doesn’t coast back but now it does.
2. Starts to shift between the gear I should be in and a lower gear while driving.
3. When stopped and then try to pull out the cars rpm's just go up then if I pump the gas it while move slowly then pull out.
4. I did check the tranny oil it is full. Plus I did just have the oil replaced along with the filter
Any Help? Thank you

Ford Mustang Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 12/25/2011 3:03 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Having Tranny Problems GT Mustang

My question is did you have the transmission oil changed with the filter or did you have the engine oil changed?

If you are stepping on the gas and the engine RPM is rising and the car is just starting to move then it sounds like the transmission is slipping.

If you just had the oil changed in the transmission then bring the car back to the mechanic who did the job and have him go over the work he did and be sure he put the proper transmission oil in the car.

Use MERCON(R) Automatic Transmission Fluid XT-5-QM or equivalent meeting Ford specification MERCON(R) V.

The mechanic can also check the transmission with a scanner to be sure the computer (PCM) is shifting the transmission electronically in the proper way.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Ford Mustang Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.