Mazda CX-7:

2008 CX7 HEADLIGHT DOESN'T WORK

You are not logged in.

#1 10/22/2011 5:30 AM

GIZMO

2008 CX7 HEADLIGHT DOESN'T WORK

I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A PROBLEM WITH THE HEADLIGHT ON A 2008 CX7.  NATURALLY IT HAS STOPPED WORKING.  TOOK IT TO PEP BOYS ( DONT KNOWN IF I CAN SAY THAT ON THIS FORUM) AND THEY INSALLED A NEW ONE.  A HIGH INTENSITY BULB $106.00/$30.00 INSTALLATION CHARGE AND IT STILL DIDN'T WORK.  THEY SAID THAT THEY HAD CHECKED THE FUSES AND THEY WERE OK BUT THE NEW BULT STILL DIDN'T WORK, HIGH OR LOW.  I ASK MY FOREIGN AUTO MECHANIC ABOUT IT AND HE SAID THE BULBS USUALLY LIST FOR $230.00 EACH, WOW! EACH NOT A SET.  ANYWAY, I SAID PAUL, IF THE BULB WENT OUT, THERE SHOULD BE A BULB OUT DISPLAYED ON THE INSTRUMENT PANEL, IF A FUSE WAS BLOWN, THERE WOULD BE NO INDICATION THAT THE LIGHT WAS OUT, ( I COULD BE WRONG).  HE SAID THAT THERE IS A FUSE FOR THE LOW BEAM AND A HIGH BEAM.  PEP BOYS TOLD MY FRIEND THAT THE HEATING ELEMENT WAS BURNED OUT AND THATS WHY IT DIDN'T WORK.  PAUL SAID IT SHOWED A MODULE IN THE WIRING DIAGRHAM THAT CONTROL EACH LIGHT AND THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM.  MAZDA'S WANTS $600.00 TO FIX THE PROBLEM, DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT.  IS THERE ANYTHING THAT WOULD SHOW UP ON AN OBII SCAN THAT WOULD INDICATE THE PROBLEM.  IS THE HEATING ELEMENT INSIDE THE BULB ITSELF OR IS THERE A MODULE THAT CONTROLS THIS.  AND CAN THE MODULE ON ONE SIDE BE MOVED TO THE OTHER SIDE FOR TEMPORARY SUBSTITUTION TO SEE IF THAT IS THE PROBLEM BEFORE SHE RESULTS TO THE MAZDA DEALERSHIP.  SHE IS A SINGLE MOM WITH ONE KID AND JUST GOT THIS CAR FROM THE DEALER A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO,  SHOULDN'T THEY HAVE GIVING HER AT LEAST A 90 WARRANTY OR SOMETHING.  SHE LIKES THE CAR BUT CAN'T AFFORD THE PROBLEMS.  WHAT CAN YOU HELP ME WITH, THANKS, GIZMO

Mazda CX-7 Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 10/22/2011 2:38 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: 2008 CX7 HEADLIGHT DOESN'T WORK

Don't do anything until you find out from the dealership that the warranty is still in affect.

There is a service bulletin on this problem where as the head light fills with moisture and blows out the module. I listed it below. It too big to list all of it, you can get the full service bulletin at ALLDATAdiy.com.

Bulletin No: 09-010/11
Last Issued: 03/01/2011

Subject:
LOW BEAM HEADLIGHT MALFUNCTION
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2007-2010 CX-7 vehicles
with VINS lower than JM3ER******301048 (produced June 15, 2009)

DESCRIPTION:
Some vehicles may exhibit a low beam headlight malfunction. The sealing between the headlight lens and the housing may deteriorate and allow moisture entry into the unit. The moisture may cause a control module short circuit.

The sealing performance of the headlight unit has been improved.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Mazda CX-7 Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.