Ford Expedition:

Air suspension springs

You are not logged in.

# 1  10/9/2011 3:30 PM

tsuds66

Air suspension springs

I am having air suspension problems on my 2000 Expedition (2WD - 5.4). I have replaced the compressor and have purchased air springs. After climbing under the vehicle and assessing the situation there seems to be potential for danger in changing the air bag. Are my concerns valid? If I should take it to a professional what can expect the cost to be to have the air springs replaced?

# 2  10/10/2011 1:56 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Air suspension springs

There is always a danger when working on cars when you are lacking the knowledge and the tools to do the job properly.

You are wise in making this smart decision by taking it to an automotive professional.

The labor time on the replacement of the front air springs is about 2 hours, times that by the labor rate of the shop you take it to.

If you do the rear air springs you can expect to add another hour.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  10/10/2011 1:12 PM

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Air suspension springs

A qualified shop can also give you an accurate diagnosis of the problem. Worried you might be replacing the compressor and springs, while having a leaky air line or electrical malfunction.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.