Chevrolet Lumina:

power window on driver side goes off track when rolled up

You are not logged in.

# 1  10/6/2011 1:41 PM

jarid1987

power window on driver side goes off track when rolled up

I have a 2000 Chevy Lumina when ever I roll the window up it goes off track at about 3/4 of the way up. I have taken the panel off but I cannot find any issues with the window.

It is well lubed and looks like is working great until it gets to the last 1/4 of the track then it acts like the front of the window binds on the track forcing the back near the aft of the window to go up and out of track.

Any ideas what could be the issue?

# 2  10/6/2011 8:13 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: power window on driver side goes off track when rolled up

Check the rivets at the bottom of the window along with the clip insulator and clip on the regulator. It is attached to the bottom of the window.

If you lower the window half way down try to wiggle the window in the tracks. Have someone else watch inside the door to see if anything is loose or broken.

Also watch to see that the track is not bent or the window is not binding on the felt inside the track.

If you need more help; please supply me with more information like if it is manual or electric window, left or right side window or front or rear.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.