Chevrolet Tahoe:

Blows hot on Passenger side but ice cold on Driver side.

You are not logged in.

# 1  8/7/2011 12:41 AM

tsay9614

Blows hot on Passenger side but ice cold on Driver side.

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 5.3L V8, when I am driving normally and have the A/C running the drivers side blows out ice cold air conditioning but the passenger side blows out HOT air. I was doing some research and everybody else talks having the driver side blowing hot and the passenger ice cold. I tried to reset the HVAC by pulling the fuse for 10 seconds then plugging it back in then waiting 40 seconds with the engine running with all of the HVAC off then trying it. Is this an easy fix or not? HELP!

# 2  8/7/2011 3:04 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Blows hot on Passenger side but ice cold on Driver side.

There is a service bulletin on the synchronization of the left and right side temperature doors. The service bulletin is Bulletin No.: 03-01-39-008 date: June 25, 2003.

This is part of the service bulletin below, you can get the whole bulletin at ALLDATAdiy.com.

Driver and Passenger Set Temperature Operation

The display of driver and passenger set temperature may also cause confusion. It is possible to set the left temperature control to full cold and the right temperature control to full hot with little indication on the display that the two temperatures are set differently.

If the driver set temperature is set to 16°C (60°F) and the passenger set temperature is set to 32°C (90°F), the display will show the passenger set temperature for only five seconds. After that time, the display will show only the driver set temperature and a small arrow pointing left. The arrow is very important because it is the only indicator that the left and right temperatures are not equal. When both the driver and passenger set temperatures are equal, the display will have arrows pointing both left and right.

With different set temperatures, it is possible to have the left temperature door flowing air through the evaporator and the right temperature door flowing air through the heater core. This may cause the overall passenger compartment temperature to not be cooled or heated as well as the customer might expect.

In order to synchronize the driver and passenger temperatures, follow these steps:

Set the driver and passenger set temperatures to the desired temperatures, OR

Push and hold the AUTO button for at least four seconds to make both driver and passenger set temperatures set to the driver's set temperature. Both set temperatures can be controlled by the left temperature control knob when the zones are linked in this manner. Turning the passenger set temperature knob will "unlink" the zones again.

I hope this helpful.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.