Hyundai Sonata:

please help asap

You are not logged in.

# 1  6/29/2011 5:28 PM

meme2011

please help asap

i have brake problems 4 a 2001 Hyundai sonata i got my brakes done about 3months ago new brakes and rooters 1 of the bolts 4 the mounting bracket was striped they didn't tell me and just put their own bolt in because the bolt is a factory part...the bolt they put in came loose and i could here everything shaking when i went over bumps so i got a friend to bore out the hole and replace the blot...then when driving i went to press the brake and the peddle would barely go down and when i left off the gas weather go up or down hill the car would stop on its own...i was told it was probably the caliper so i got that and my friend put it on i drove home everything good then the same problems that where just happening started happening again...this time when i got the car home i could smell something burning and there was smoke coming from the brakes they were also make a squealing noise this time but the peddle stuck hard to even move a inch...i have really bad luck with getting the right people to work on my car i wish people could just do people the way they would want them selves or family to b treated...every time Ive gotten shops friends anyone work on my car they don't do it in the best interest in the driver so if someone can please give me a idea of what can b wrong so when i get it fixed i can at least try to act like i no something or they will try to get out on me...thank u in advance

# 2  6/29/2011 5:57 PM

meme2011

Re: please help asap

I'm not sure how to get answers here so if u don't here back from me please email me marlena8201@gmail.com

# 3  6/29/2011 6:11 PM

Administrator
Administrator

Re: please help asap

I would suspect you're still dealing with the aftereffects of the stripped bolt (bolt hole). Possibly an assembly error.

Was it 2 or 1 wheel with smoke coming out? If it's 1, that's where the problem is. Jack up that wheel and see if it rotates freely by hand. If it doesn't, open up the bleeder valve on the caliper. If the wheel then turns freely it's a hydraulic problem (clogged hose, kinked line, bad proportioning/metering valve, ABS system, etc).

If the wheel is still locked up with the bleeder valve open, then it's something mechanical at that wheel (stuck caliper piston, sliders, of something messed up with that bracket).

If you want to be safe take it to a dealership or even a brake specialty franchise. They'll see the problem immediately and most likely fix it correctly. Brake repairs a usually pretty simple.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.