Toyota Camry:

OBD connector

You are not logged in.

# 1  6/26/2011 1:29 PM

jet2met

OBD connector

'97 Camry 4-cyl. OBD connector problem. Inspection station cannot link to the computer.

# 2  6/26/2011 3:56 PM

Administrator
Administrator

Re: OBD connector

There's no easy answer.

If the inspection machine shows no data, I would confirm the problem with a scan tool.

Also, be sure the check engine light is working properly -- On with ignition ON, and Off with the engine started. That tells us the ECM is working, and it may just be a break in a circuit to the DLC (Diagnostic Link Connector).

After that it will require a schematic and a digital volt/ohm meter to check all circuits to the DLC (power, ground, communication, etc.).

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  6/27/2011 12:52 AM

jet2met

Administrator wrote:

There's no easy answer.

If the inspection machine shows no data, I would confirm the problem with a scan tool.

Also, be sure the check engine light is working properly -- On with ignition ON, and Off with the engine started. That tells us the ECM is working, and it may just be a break in a circuit to the DLC (Diagnostic Link Connector).

After that it will require a schematic and a digital volt/ohm meter to check all circuits to the DLC (power, ground, communication, etc.).

you right it not easy answer because it work on my obd scanner but not inspection scanner and i try two station that why it puzzle me and by away i did check the power circuit it good 12v. Ground circuits are more than 1ohm and the 4 circuit i don't know how to do i don't even understand what they say.

# 4  7/27/2011 5:54 PM

Administrator
Administrator

You'll need the proper schematic and service information to test for the correct grounds, power sources, and data lines at the DLC (Diagnostic Link Connector).

Without the right information and experience you might be paddling upstream.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.