Mazda Millenia:

Thermostat Location

You are not logged in.

# 1  12/14/2010 1:39 AM

Ritchy
Senior Member
Registered: 5/13/2010
Posts: 72

Thermostat Location

Where is the thermostat located in a 1998 Mazda Millenia 2.3L. Is it connected to the lower radiator hose or the upper radiator hose?

Offline

 

# 2  12/14/2010 2:54 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator
Registered: 11/24/2009
Posts: 1299

Re: Thermostat Location

The information you gave me is for a 1998 Mazda Millenia S with a 2.3 L engine DOHC (Miller Cycle engine)?

About 80% of Mazda's have a 2.5L, the other 20% have a 2.3L. It is not as common. Be sure before you start.

2.3L engine: You should remove the charge air duct, air filter housing and resonator. Then take off the two thermostat housing bolts, open the housing and pull the thermostat.

Just look for the thermostat housing on the engine. It's at the end of the hose and has two bolts holding it to the engine. It may have a bracket on the upper hose to hold it in place.

Install the thermostat into the thermostat cover with the jiggle pin and projection aligned.

Install the thermostat into the thermostat case with the jiggle pin and projection at the top.

If this information is correct let me know.

I'll be glad to help if you need more information.


realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

Offline

 

# 3  12/14/2010 10:40 PM

Ritchy
Senior Member
Registered: 5/13/2010
Posts: 72

Re: Thermostat Location

This is the correct information. Thanks a lot TH2.

Offline

 
E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.

Powered by PunBB
Copyright © 2007-  RealWorldAutomotive.com

Save or Share Automotive Information
Custom Search