Chevrolet Silverado 1500 / 2500 / 3500:

4x4 error code

You are not logged in.

# 1  8/6/2010 7:39 PM

mtink

4x4 error code

Chevy 1500 4x4 5.3l engine
4x4 light on , reset by restarting engine has been going on for long time
how can I tell if there is a serious problem or just wiring problem. What is the code for trans case gone?
or for wiring connector problem?
How much does a new transfer case cost?

Any other info please let me in on it, was there a recall on this, seems there should have been?

thanks Mike

# 2  8/6/2010 8:16 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: 4x4 error code

The only way to find a code in the computer is to get a scanner or find someone who does and scan the system, and see what codes are in the computer memory. This will give us more information to help diagnose the problem.

I did find a Service Bulletin on the 4x4 light being on but I don't know if it applies to your truck.

To get more information on your truck I need more specific information like the year, or any symptoms that may be happening.

This is the Service Bulletin below.

File In Section: 04 - Driveline Axle

Bulletin No.: 02-04-21-004

Date: April, 2002

TECHNICAL

Subject: "
"Service 4WD" Indicator Illuminated, DTC B2725 Set
(Replace Transfer Case Shift Control Switch)

Models:

1999-2002 Chevrolet and GMC C/K Pickup and Utility Models (Silverado, Sierra, Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon, Yukon XL) with Four Wheel Drive and NVG 236/246 Transfer Case (RPO NP8)

Condition:

Some customers may comment on the Service 4WD indicator illuminating. Upon investigation, the technician may find DTC B2725 set.

Cause:

The condition may be due to an intermittent fault in the transfer case shift control switch.
Correction:

Important: The transfer case shift control module should not need replacement. DO NOT replace P/N 15749703 unless diagnosis points to the module as the malfunction.
Replace the transfer case shift control switch using published Service Information procedures which can be found in the factory service manual.

Let us know if this helps. If not get back to us with more information so we can look into this further.

I wouldn't worry about the case yet. Lets take one step at a time.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.