Auto Repair Shops:

headers

You are not logged in.

#1 6/15/2010 5:59 PM

miller2010

headers

I have a 1996 Chevy z-71 5.7 and I'm looking for a set of shorty headers. The truck has a true dual exhaust system and cold air intake. I found a few different sets on summit for under $200 but don't know what I need to get to make sure its compatible with my truck. The people at summit asked if I had some kind of sensor or valve on the manifold but I don't know what they are talking about.

Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 6/15/2010 8:20 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: headers

If you can get the name of the valve or sensor that they mentioned, I can look it up and let you know what it is, and if you truck has it installed.

My guess would be that he wants to know about the oxygen sensor on the manifold and what side it is on.

The more information you supply me on your truck, the better I can provide you with the information you are looking for.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

#3 8/3/2010 11:11 AM

tonywarren

Re: headers

I think they are asked about EGR valve. EGR valve re-circulates carbon dioxide from your vehicle's exhaust back through your engine. EGR valve symptoms are as of: experiencing reduced power, detonation (pinging), rough idle, or stalling and hesitation when accelerating.

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.