Chevrolet Silverado 1500 / 2500 / 3500:

truck wont start!!!???

You are not logged in.

# 1  5/23/2010 5:32 AM

samike0781

truck wont start!!!???

i have a 2004 chevy silverado 1/2 ton p/u. fuel injected 4.3 vortec. truck was in need of tune up when sputtered out and died. i have since replaced: injectors, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, serpentine, battery, full synthetic oil change, all filters replaced.  the engine is now getting gas at the intake, but continues to fail to start up, it turns and turns but no turnover, what am i not seeing?

# 2  5/23/2010 3:48 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: truck wont start!!!???

If you have fuel at the injectors the next step is to see if you have spark at the spark plugs.

The most common cause of no spark is a bad crank sensor. If this is bad the computer doesn't see engine rpm and won't send a signal for spark or injector pulse.

Always check the spark plugs from time to time for being soaked with gas. All that cranking of the engine can sometimes flood the engine and still cause a no start condition even though you may have spark.

If you know someone who may have a scanner you can have the system scanned for trouble codes. This can help you get to the problem area.

This is only the beginning of the trouble tree, if you can't find the problem further diagnostics into the electrical, fuel and mechanical systems will be required.

Keep us informed on your progress.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.