Chevrolet Blazer:

Truck will not start

You are not logged in.

# 1  4/9/2010 1:20 AM

msmoore

Truck will not start

I have a 1995 Chevy blazer 4,3 liter v6 4x4 and it will not start. I have changed the ignition control module and it still will not crank up. It is turning  over but not firing up. Please help!!!

# 2  4/9/2010 12:57 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Truck will not start

There are a few things you need for the engine to run. The first thing to do is to scan the computer for any codes stored in the computers memory. If any are stored repair them first. When scanning the computer crank the engine over and watch the engine RPM's, if you don't have any while cranking then you possibly have a bad crank sensor. This will not allow the engine to start because it supplies the electronic pluses needed for the injectors and ignition to work. 

Check to see if you have a good spark. If you have spark then check for fuel supplied to the injectors. Check that the injectors are functioning properly; also the fuel pressure is at the proper level. If these are working properly then the last thing would be to take a compression test to check for the internal mechanical condition of the engine.

I hope this information helps you out. Keep us informed on your progress.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.