GMC Sierra 1500 / 2500 / 3500:

Transmission questions

You are not logged in.

#1 2/20/2010 7:44 PM

fatcat94585

Transmission questions

I have been looking online all morning for free online diagrams and parts information for my 1996 GMC Sierra 1500, V8, 5.7 automatic truck, and have not found the information of what I need.

First off, I need to know what that part is called, that is bolted on the rear of the transmission, attached to the driveshaft.

Second, I need to know if the seals are replaceable on this part.  If not, then do I have to get the whole part replaced?

Third, where do I get the seals (if replaceable) or the whole part?

Thanks!

GMC Sierra 1500 / 2500 / 3500 Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 2/21/2010 3:50 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Transmission questions

The part on the rear of the transmission by the drive shaft on the left side of the transmission is usually for the speedometer gear and speed sensor.

The seals are replaceable and can be bought at the GMC dealership. Just bring them the model number of the transmission and seal you are looking for.

You can try going to a local transmission shop and see if they have any extras left over. Most shops will probably give it to you if they have extra ones and do not have to break open a new kit.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
GMC Sierra 1500 / 2500 / 3500 Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.