Open Chat:

You are not logged in.

# 1  9/17/2009 10:58 PM

way2old

Hello Admin.  Figured I would stop by and see what you have here.  I am ASE Master Certified in Automobiles.  Been in  the business for over 40 years.  Been looking at the ads that pop up and they are from Kentucky.  Is this site based there or are the ads area specific?  Gonna take awhile to get used to the ins and outs of this format.  Will stop by often to see what is going on.  Most of my experience is in the Ford gas engine product line.  See ya.

Last edited by way2old (9/17/2009 11:00 PM)

Being way2old is why I need help from younger minds.
People are like slinkys, not much use but I still smile when I see one stumble down the stairs.

# 2  9/17/2009 11:18 PM

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Newbie

Hey way2old,

Glad to have you.

I worked GM and Honda dealerships for about 20 years, and then started writing a freelance Q&A column.

So you have ads popping up showing Kentucky shops? It should be geographic to your IP address location. Are you in Kentucky? I'm in Dallas, TX.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

# 3  9/18/2009 12:19 AM

way2old

Yeah.  I am in the Lexington area.  It is showing local auto dealers and repair shops.  Well, lets see if this site flies.   I like getting in on new sites and watching them grow.  My record is fairly good.  Only 2 sites have folded since 2005 that I have gotten in on early.  See ya.

People are like slinkys, not much use but I still smile when I see one stumble down the stairs.

# 4  9/18/2009 12:28 AM

Administrator
Administrator

I'm glad to hear you bring good luck.

So I guess you're a moderator with automotiveforums.com. How long have you been there?

realworldautomotive.com

# 5  9/20/2009 3:39 PM

way2old

I have been active in the forums for about 5 years.  AF contacted me after I was there about a year to see if I was interested in moderating.  I assist about 6 little sites with moderation and kinda got spread thin for awhile.  Been fun though.  I have had my share of fights in them also.smile  See ya

# 6  4/13/2010 3:00 PM

MySUV

Hey,

New to the forum! Just wanted to say hello and share my experience about the new fleet vehicles my company just received from Caldwell Leasing! Is there a specific place for reviews or should I make a new topic?

-Chad

# 7  4/14/2010 2:13 AM

Administrator
Administrator

You can post a new topic here in Open Chat, but just one on the subject/company. Otherwise we will consider it spam.

realworldautomotive.com

# 8  9/6/2010 11:22 PM

QuestionsOnCars

I am a college marketing student doing a project for Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems. I wanted to get some info from the people talking about cars. I am just wanted to ask some questions and get some feedback from the everyday driver.

What brand of TPMS are you using?

If you don't have a TPMS, would you be interested in getting one?

What is most appealing feature about getting or having a TPMS?

What are problems that you are currently have with your TPMS?

What would you change about the TPMS that you are currently using?

Where would be the most convenient place for to purchase the TPMS?

Would you rather buy the part and take it to a garage for installation or buy it at the garage at a higher cost?

What (in your opinion) is the cut off for getting a TPMS? Meaning at what age does the car lose enough value that you would not want to invest in adding a TPMS.

Any other information that you may have will be great. Thanks for all your input.

# 9  10/29/2012 4:39 AM

celina29

Hello friends... I am Celina Dsouza. Me too new this forum.  I just registered myself to the forum. Found it to be a really interesting place. My favorite car is Lamborghini Gallardo. Looking forward to share and learn new things from this forum.

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.