Isuzu Commercial Trucks:

How to prepare a diesel to pass emissions testing

You are not logged in.

#1 2/12/2018 3:32 AM

hrod

How to prepare a diesel to pass emissions testing

Hi, new poster here.  I just bought a 1997 Isuzu NPR with a 3.9L 4BD2 Turbo diesel engine.  I have to get emissions tested here in Colorado for around $100 and I want to ensure I pass the first time.  Any recommendations as to what I should do?

I'm thinking filters and fluid change plus adjust the valve clearances.  Any other ideas for me.

Also, am I the only one posting on this forum so far?  I can't find other posts on commercial trucks.

hrod

Isuzu Commercial Trucks Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 2/12/2018 2:51 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: How to prepare a diesel to pass emissions testing

Welcome to Real World Automotive, yes you are the first post on this topic.

You seem to be on the right path on your truck as to the inspection. Make sure filters, and fluids are new. Replace the particulate filter (if equipt), make sure there are no exhaust leaks and also any oil or fuel leaks. 

If you have someone who has a scan tool (I know this would be difficult because this tool is so expensive) to scan the computer for diesal trucks to make sure there are no issues with any emission sensors and as long as the engine runs well you should'nt have any problem passing the emission test.

As of the safty test make sure the tires, brakes, lights, suspension (front and rear) are all in working order.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Isuzu Commercial Trucks Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.