Oldsmobile Silhouette:

Lighting

You are not logged in.

#1 10/24/2017 1:37 AM

Drewbydewby311

Lighting

I have a 2005 Oldsmobile Silhouette mini van with all the works. However on the interior I've been able to change all the lights that were #(521) I believe and turned them from regular bulbs into led bulbs (blue if curious)

My question is this;  in the front driver/passenger row, the two lights that are depressed in order to turn them on, how do I remove/replace these?  I'm talking about the lights that are also connected to the various switches that cancel the auto doors and windows ect.  How do I remove this paneling and replace those lights and what are the numbers for the different lights inside and out ?

Oldsmobile Silhouette Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 10/24/2017 3:31 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Lighting

Are you talking about the dash panel covering the instrument cluster?

The switches come out by using a flat blade screwdriver. I will send some pictures.

As of the light bulb numbers I don't have a list for them. You can go to your local auto parts store or dealership or if you still have your owners manual they should be listed in there.

http://www.realworldautomotive.com/forums/uploads/thumbs/174_105742583.gif

http://www.realworldautomotive.com/forums/uploads/thumbs/174_105742584.gif

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

#3 10/26/2017 11:32 PM

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Lighting

Take note: Seen it several times where those add-on LED bulbs short out and pop fuses. Had one where an LED replacement bulb in the reverse lights blew a fuse which just so happened to also power an ignition-related circuit. The car was towed in the next day.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.