Volvo XC70:

Water under the seat

You are not logged in.

#1 5/5/2017 3:52 PM

Nyla Eala

Water under the seat

I have a continuing problem with water under the front passenger seat. It seems onto the floor area both front and back. I have cleared all debris including a water bottle that I assumed was the culprit. Two weeks later and I am still sopping up moisture. Each time I check it, there seems to be just as much moisture as there was the first time. What are other possible causes?

Volvo XC70 Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com

The Leading Source of Professional Diagnostic and Repair Information.

#2 5/5/2017 6:34 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Water under the seat

The heater core is on the passenger side, you have to make sure that the fluid is water and not antifreeze. If it is antifreeze the it is the heater core or hose on the heater core.

The air conditioner evaporator is on the passenger also and when the A/C compressor is on (a/c compressor is on with the windshield defroster on) moisture drips off the evaporator and should exit the A/C housing from a vent hose. If the vent is clogged or kinked then the water will back up and leak into the car. Also check your cabin air filter, there may be leaves inside which can make water back up into the cabin causing the rug to be wet.

Last but not least you have a leak in the front right area possible by rust or bad seal or weather strip which would have to be repaired. Check your door seals and sun roof if you have one.

These are some suggestions that I know of. If you need extra help to diagnosis this problem I would need to know the year and engine size of your vehicle and any other bit of information that you can give me so I can help you better.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Volvo XC70 Recalls, TSBs and Service Information >> ALLDATA

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com is the leading source of factory diagnostic & repair information specific to your car.