Mercedes-Benz M-Class:

Power Steering Pump

You are not logged in.

Welcome!
GUARANTEED Response to Your Question from an ASE Certified Master Technician. FREE, just Register and Post...

#1 5/25/2011 6:55 AM

Superman0

Power Steering Pump

I have a 02 Mercedes ML320 and I just changed the power steering pump. I am still having a problem with the power steering, being to hard to park and turning right or left when sitting still. Can anyone help.

Mercedes-Benz M-Class Recalls, TSBs and More >> Get it Now!

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com
Car and Truck Service Information
ALLDATAdiy

#2 5/25/2011 4:51 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Power Steering Pump

All model vehicles must use power steering fluid MB p/n BQ 1460001 or approved Dextron III ATF. Did you use this fluid?

Does the power steering system make noise when steering like a growling sound? Is the fluid foaming.

There is a particular bleeding sequence for the power steering system. If you didn't bleed the system properly you may have an air pocket in the system.

You can get the proper procedure at ALLDATAdiy.com.

If the system is bleed properly and there is no foaming of the fluid then you would need to perform a power steering pressure test.

Once you get the pressure test results you can determine if you need to look further into the steering gear to see if there is an internal failure.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

#3 7/29/2011 6:58 AM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: Power Steering Pump

If you don't have the special power steering pressure gauge and its fittings then this would be a job for the dealer. They know the procedure and have the tools for the job.

If the pressure tests come out to factory specs, then it will probably have something to do with the steering gear.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com