Lincoln LS:

2003 Lincoln LS ABS, Traction Control, and Parking brake

You are not logged in.

Welcome!
GUARANTEED Response to Your Question from an ASE Certified Master Technician. FREE, just Register and Post...

#1 4/7/2011 9:44 AM

elysium

2003 Lincoln LS ABS, Traction Control, and Parking brake

The Engine, ABS, Traction Control, and Parking Brake lights all come on when driving the car after a few minutes and then the car begins to slow down into a skid, and then to a stop, because of the parking brake I assume. I took it to the mechanic, who sold me the car, three times and he keeps telling me that when they run a scan nothing shows up in the computer's history. When he drives the car it doesn't happen but within 10 to 15 minutes after I start driving it these lights come on. I did some research and found someone else had this problem. The possible problems could be the ABS module or one of the speed sensors. My question is why is it not coming up on the scan and how can I get this fixed if it's not coming up as a problem until I'm driving and skidding into an emergency stop because of the parking brake. I almost crashed the last time and I am desperate for HELP!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!sadsadsad

Lincoln LS Recalls, TSBs and More >> Get it Now!

Sponsored Links
ALLDATAdiy.com
Car and Truck Service Information
ALLDATAdiy

#2 4/7/2011 2:12 PM

TechHelp2
Administrator

Re: 2003 Lincoln LS ABS, Traction Control, and Parking brake

When the ABS light on the dash lights up it will disable the traction control and and the ABS, it also may light up the parking brake light.

As you are driving and step on the brake the ABS system may engage for no reason and it may be hard to stop the car.

I don't know why it won't hold the code in the memory but the ABS system should be checked out. There may be a wheel sensor (s) that may be faulty and can be checked out individually to see which sensor may be bad. The problem may be an expensive fix if it is the ABS module, that is why a scanner should be used by a qualified professional to diagnose this problem.

A scanner can be hooked up to the vehicles computer to monitor the ABS system and when the vehicle experiences the problem they can see the area where the malfunction is.   

Lincoln may warranty this as long as the vehicle is less than 100,000 miles and is under 10 years old.

Check with the Lincoln service department to see if your vehicle qualifies.

realworldautomotive.com
car and truck information like nowhere else
Lincoln LS Recalls, TSBs and More >> Get it Now!

E-mail Page
Print Page
Save or Share Information
ALLDATAdiy.com